Unified Threat Management, Security, Firewall, Compliance, Anti-Virus, Intrusion Prevention, Web Filtering, Anti-Spam, VPN, Load Balancing, Central Management, Reporting, Wireless.
Fortinet Technical Documentation
Vendors & Products
Fortinet™ Database Security
Fortinet database security and compliance products offer centrally-managed, enterprise-scale, database hardening; fast, comprehensive policy compliance; and vulnerability assessment for improved data security across the enterprise. Automatic database discovery finds all databases on the network, including those across subnet and WAN boundaries. 24 x 7 database activity monitoring captures all forms of database activity to detect erroneous or malicious activity. Database auditing records all database activity for complete and accurate audit trails, with independent storage for additional security. Hundreds of pre-installed policies covering standard industry and government requirements and database security best practices, plus a comprehensive set of graphical reports, deliver out-of-the-box readiness and immediate value.
- Quick deployment and intuitive initial vulnerability reports deliver immediate value and protection.
- High-performance scans quickly find all databases on the network and across WAN and subnet boundaries - even on irregular ports.
- Accelerated security and compliance provides best practices for PCI, SOX, GLBA, and HIPAA.
- Hundreds of pre-installed policies cover known exploits, configuration weaknesses, OS issues, operational risks, and data access privileges, with automatic updates to latest regulatory/industry best practices.
- FortiDB Security Service delivers dynamic updates to vulnerability management policies through intelligence gathered by Fortinet's dedicated global threat research team.
- Policies are easily run to verify that databases conform to corporate standard configurations, implement tests for custom applications, or conduct Extended Penetration Testing to test for common passwords, etc.
- Database auditing records database activity for complete and accurate audit trails; independent audit storage provides an additional security layer for audit integrity - including self-auditing of FortiDB itself.
- Standardized, exportable audit reports customizable with company branding are designed out-of-the-box to support compliance programs, with graphic trend analysis to spot and isolate patterns.
- Database Activity Monitoring captures all types of database activity from administration events to user activity, regardless of originating command type (plain SQL or stored procedures) or connection type (ex - standard, pooled, or console).
- Web-based centralized management of multiple databases delivers enterprise scalability and enables DBAs to more quickly identify and react to database security threats; heterogeneous support includes Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL and Sybase.
- Supports flexible deployments across the network for consistent enterprise-wide policy enforcement, processing tens of millions of audit records from databases per day.
The three FortiDB appliances provides scalable database vulnerability assessment and compliance solutions for enterprises in a quickly-installed, easily managed package. Vulnerability assessments can be viewed within minutes, following auto-discovery of every database on the network regardless of subnet boundaries. Its centralized web-based management application ensures consistent database security policies across the organization without imposing a high management burden on database and IT staff. In addition, the agentless operation places no load on database operation and avoids putting any applications at risk.
- FortiDB-2000B - for large enterprises, supporting up to 60 database instances
- FortiDB-1000B - for mid-sized enterprises, supporting up to 30 database instances
- FortiDB-400B - for small-to-medium enterprises, supporting up to 10 database instances
Fortinet Database Security Software
Fortinet Database Security Software extends the FortiDB database security solution to very large enterprises, offering centralized management of vulnerability assessment and reporting for hundreds of databases, licensed per database instance. Heterogeneous platform support includes AIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris 10, MySQL, Windows XP/Vista, and Windows Server 2003.